The sun is basking in all its glory and that calls for a wave of freshness, some ice-cold cocktails and of course a long vacation near the shore to chill out and let the sun shine on us.
So while you decide on the itinerary of your next trip (or maybe a pool party, if you like staying indoors ) , Amazon India Fashion Week – Spring Summer 2017 , better called as AIFWSS17 has given us major fashion and style goals that’ll keep us cool , breezy and in vogue in our summer escapade.
I’ve loved each and every piece and have already started drooling over how stylishly the designers have curated the garments .
Let’s take a look at my favourites, we can collectively thank these masterminds later ! But be warned : These beach babies are not for the faint hearted !
- Summers scream not just for some icecandy-popsicles but also borrows some candy hues when it comes to fashion. GUAPA showcased some easy-breezy styles in it’s collection and the one below is perfect for a summery feel. Stripes are big on the runway and the candy hued twist to stripes makes it even more delicious. I feel Guapa surely inspired me to run away and embrace the sun.
STYLE TIP: Pool Sliders ! You don’t need anything else! Let your hair do some natural free falling!
2. Masaba has always been with quirk and hi-jinks in her taste. While I didn’t admire the styling, the outfit receives a million applause for that teeny-tiny pop-pink bralet and beguiling sorbet shaded asymmetric skirt.
STYLE TIP: Minimal Make up and a pretty beach-braid would add the perfect amount of delicacy to that hi-fashion outfit.
3. Crop Tops have been fashion darlings for over an year now. Pankaj & Nidhi’s amazing ruffled crop top adds to the summery vibes and paired with the flared pant makes it even more of a beach must-have.
STYLE TIP : Add a messy top-bun to your look and embrace the BIG-EYE trend (yes, i do mean huge sunglasses) to top it off a trend-notch higher.
4. Pramaa by Pratima Pandey’s outfit is a wardrobe essential for every beach-lover or a water baby. The effortlessy chic silhouette of the outfit consisting of a crop top and shorts and a feather light transparent slit tunic over it is a drool-worthy number. GRAB GRAB GRAB!!
STYLE TIP : A pop of color to the outfit in the form of accessory or footwear will do wonders.
5. If you’re a trend-owl , you’d be pretty aware that off-shoulder and monochrome details are EVERYWHERE!! This particular high-waisted culotte pant with off-shoulder crop top by Tanieya Khanuja will leave you heart-eyed immediately.
STYLE TIP: I’d suggest you to go with a high pony tail to remain fuss-free and effortless and interesting flip-flops to look beach/pool-fashionista
6. Rohit Gandhi and Rahul KHanna’s design is sure to be loved by one and all. Simple yet outstanding , this sorbet blue shorts and top paired with printed cape jacket is a cool-girl defining style.
STYLE TIP: Wear it with espadrilles and reflector sunglasses to add on the cool-aura.
7. Indigo was a winning color in India way before independence, it wins even today. A timeless classic, Anupama Dayal in her label Anupamaa brought to us an easy-breezy printed tunic that surely feels like feather .
STYLE TIP : Go for tie-up flats and give your hair an effortless pony look to look like you don’t have to work out to look stylish!
P.S. Do take a look at her complete collection. I’m sure you’ll be left mesmerized.
8. 2017 is the year that has harked back to the age of elegance and minimalism has been the key trend. What’s better than staying in style with the basic white in some not-so-basic silhouette. Kavita Bhartia’s design in white is bound to make maximum impact on your getaway with the neat design. The matching lacey shrug adds onto the fun.
STYLE TIP : Add on a statement boho necklace and a lace-up footwear to get the perfect touch of a hippie.
9. Frill lovers rejoice. They’ve marked their presence by being the biggest trend this spring summer. The girly-vibe that the ruffles exude makes them the most exciting trend this season. (Who doesn’t want to look younger !! ) The Ruffled bralet along with printed high slit skirt by Hemant & Nandita is feminine yet bold and adventurous. Brownie points for giving it an old-world charm. LOVE and LOVE it !
STYLE TIP: Add tassled earrings to your look or go bare minimum to enjoy the beauty of this outfit
So now when you know that even the runway is trending with beach attires and shouting a getaway, what are you waiting for ? Shop for these outfits or get inspired and curate your outfit ‘coz this spring summer calls for some joyful moments and high spirits.
P.S. Don’t forget to carry a sun-hat and your favourite sunscreen to save yourself from some unwanted friends !